Saturday, November 10, 2012

I Don't Know Why...

For some reason, I find it difficult to write about the things in life that impact me the most. Maybe that is why you hear about culture and food, activities and new sights. Maybe that is also why you DON'T hear much about birth and people groups, malnourished children and some of the things that are going on in my heart.

Maybe that's why the recent silence.

I'm sorry.
I know I've promised so many of you that I would keep up with you through this blog. Yet my heart doesn't always have words.

Maybe that is why I'm sharing pictures of starfish and snorkeling instead of the faces that call out to me every day. I cannot always find words, even to tell God what is in this full heart.

It is overwhelming to look out over the mountains that surround me, and to think of the hundreds of villages nestled in their rocky embrace. To think of all the work to do, and all the souls that have not heard. Or to walk through the city, passing house after house, alley after alley, and realizing how many people live right under my nose every day.

Sometimes I see it in their eyes.

They look at me, and its as if their eyes are asking me... won't you tell me? Are you the one who will show me light and life?....And I don't know the balance. I don't know how to spread my life around between personal time with God, learning, volunteering at the clinic, and time reaching out to my co-workers, the people we minister to, and our neighbors.

So I'm sorry for the silence.

Will you please pray with me? Pray that God will give this heart wisdom and words to speak. Pray that I will be a wise steward of my time and energy. Pray that I will know how to act on the compassion welling up within me.

I know He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment