Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2020!

 Yeah, here in the Philippines, we’re ahead of all you stateside people. So….. happy 2020! And happy 2013. Because the new year is 2013…
And hindsight is 2020.
It is hard to believe that one year ago I was praying about three different missions opportunities… and this one was the third on my list. Yet I see God’s hand of direction in the process that has brought me here. This is the fulfillment of so many prayers and so many dreams. 

In my head, this would've looked different. I never would've moved to a big city, never to Asia, and never alone. Yet God knew. I love it here so much. I love the culture that is loud and colorful, bright and affectionate. I love the mothers and babies and pregnancies all around me. I love the food, rice every day and ginger and garlic. I love my co-workers with whom I serve on a daily basis. So much goodness in one place!
December 31st  brought me this page in my Bible:

A year’s worth of reading, writing my thoughts in the margins. Sometimes my heart had many things to say, and my pages looked like this.

I learned so much, and found my mind so engaged as I read with pen in hand, no journal or other books to juggle. It was a journey through my faith, and God showed me new things about Himself, and His ways. Other times my heart was far more silent, and my pages looked like this.
But looking back on the journey God has brought me on this last year, I see over and over again, His hand guiding me, His Spirit leading me, and His presence near me. I feel sustained even when I could feel drained. He is such a good God, and I’m so thankful to be One of His!
May God be glorified in this new year, in and through my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment