Friday, September 6, 2013

I Have Decided...

 In the absence of inspiration, I have decided to re-post something I wrote about three years ago.

I Have Decided

I have decided. I will not be dissuaded.
I have determined. I will not look back.
My path is set, my course, established.
...and yet, I know not what it is.

This I know.
God is good. His ways are good.
God knows the end from the beginning.
He has determined my course.

I know I'm walking a road of death.
But this death leads to life.
The death of me results in the life of Christ.

I know I'm choosing a life of pain.
Because I'm seeking the Healer,
Not the approval of man.

I know my path is that of rejection.
Because I've been accepted.
And they rejected Him.

I understand that I will be hated.
Because I am loved.
And I will love in return.

I know I've chosen to give up my dreams,
In order to fulfill my dream.
To know and be known of Him.

And yet, I've decided.
I've said "yes!"
My life is no longer my own.

I take you, Jesus, to be my King.
Whether in life or in death,
For richer or for poorer,
In sickness or in health,
For better...
Even when worse is the temporary result.
Because death will not part us.
It will be our wedding day.

 Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
   8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
   9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
   10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

No comments:

Post a Comment