Tuesday, September 30, 2014

This Wonderful Life....

I sat there, a rooftop in Honduras. Gathered around me were brothers and sisters from Honduras, Ukraine, and the States. Spanish prayer ascended into the clear, star specked sky above us and to one side the silhouettes of mountains rose majestically in the dim night sky. In the opposite direction lightening danced through the distant layers of clouds performing an ode to the Creator. The temperature was perfect at day's end. I thought to myself, 'Who lives this life? How can everything be so perfect?'

It is me. This is my life. I'm treasuring these moments because in this place of an uncertain future, I need perfect spaces like this where I can be indisputably reminded of God's goodness and kindness. I'm thankful for the blessing of fellowship with other believers, and the grace of a time of rest. May the God who has given me this beautiful time, be glorified.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is with such great kindness that God reminds us of His constancy and goodness. I'm glad to read this and be reminded too! Enjoy Honduras and the time of rest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete