Monday, July 9, 2012

On This and That....

 I am now the possessor of these two fancy-dancy, uber formal, somewhat expensive pieces of paper. After sending them hither, thither, and yon, I believe they finally have enough stamps, ribbons, and gold seals to satisfy any visa examiner.
My bedroom now has a new addition. My trusty suitcase. My bookshelves are emptying, my walls look sparse. Winter clothing has found new homes, and much of my sewing/crafting stash has taken up new residence.
 Scrubs, bedsheets, and a few odd pieces of clothing have found their way into vacuum sealed travel bags. Because the time is fast approaching. This week has been full of good times with family, as we took a 'last' trip together. Goodbyes are coming closer and closer together now, and I am finding them increasingly difficult. Yet my heart is so sure. I am so confident of God's calling in this, and I stand strong in knowing that His ways are good, and He never gives more than we can handle.
Excitement is mounting day by day. I cannot wait to taste, touch, smell this new land that will become my home. I cannot wait to know the people, learn the culture, and speak the language. I cannot wait to catch babies and share Jesus day by day. Truly, this is a great work. Here am I Lord, send me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read and see these pictures! Our authentication documents look similar so that's a relief! Soon, very soon shall we meet!

    ReplyDelete