Friday, June 15, 2012

The Adventures of Miss-o-wissa V4.1

Friends and Brethren,
It is with great joy and excitement that I inform you... There are 47 wonderful days left until I turn the page at the end of this chapter of my life. The next chapter has a title, but most of the details are yet to be written. August 1st, I will hug my family goodbye, and board a train for the west coast. After a two day cross-country adventure, I will meet with some of my future co-workers, where we will have three days of orientation before beginning two days worth of flights to the Philippines! I am so excited to begin living the story that the Father has written for this chapter of my life. May His glory be spread through my life.
Sometimes I have to pinch myself. It simply CANNOT be possible that this is really how blessed I am. A lifelong dream-turned-calling.... Something I've been preparing years for. It is here. Reality. I sometimes overflow with the joy and spill it out into words on my new blog www.missowissa.blogspot.com. Please feel free to keep up with me through my updates there. Also, If you are interested in receiving a contact card with my info while in the Philippines, please send me your address.
I am overwhelmed by the faithfulness of my Father, who has been perfectly providing every need as it arises. It is the little things, that are sometimes WAY bigger than the big things. It is the fact that The One Who Operates The Universe has time to care that I am blessed with something so simple as the wristwatch I needed....and it was even yellow. This boggles my mind. He has provided for plane tickets, visa fees, tuition.... Everything just as I have needed it. And I know He will continue to be Faithful.
One of the biggest questions: Are you nervous? No. While I understand that I will inevitably be pushed beyond my comfort zone, that I may feel terribly lonely at times, that I have NO IDEA what awaits me in the next two years, I do know with confidence that this is where the Father wants me. Therefore, there is no fear. I understand that I will see the unthinkable, that I will feel the heart-rending, that I understand things I don't care to. Yet I know The One who has authored solutions and comfort and A Way of Escape. So I will move forward in His grace, share His love, and rest in His comfort. And may He be glorified.
I'm thankful for a job that I love, and can put my heart into until I leave. I'm thankful for friends who have been so great and supportive even though I carry on ENDLESSLY about all things pregnancy, birth, and Philippines. I'm thankful for an amazing family who have supported my dreams, moderated my big ideas, and been so flexible as I've lived these last few months with no car. I'm thankful for a church who has chosen to stand with me in prayer as I prepare for departure. I'm thankful for a chance to get a head start on the language I'll be speaking. I'm thankful for a Father who knows my deep desires, and cares to grant me what my heart has longed for. To go to the nations.
I would love to hear what is going on in each of your lives.
Grace and peace,
Miss-o-wissa
 He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'carry on ENDLESSLY about' midwifery stuff :-D haha, that sounds way too familiar. I'm constantly saying stuff like: "Sorry guys, don't wanna bore you guys, but... THIS IS SO INTERESTING!" :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that EVERYTHING relates back to pregnancy, labor, birth, or child-rearing. But I have to remind myself, not everyone feels that way. I realized this when I was talking about when to quit my job. I actually told someone that it was just like scheduling maternity leave... You don't want to stop working too early, and just sit around restlessly and watch your stomach grow, but you don't want to work too close to the end and risk not being prepared. Ha! She didn't get it :-)

    ReplyDelete