Friday, June 1, 2012

I Dreamed a dream...

I woke up, relief flooding my body with those little prickly feelings that seep down into your fingertips.
Dreams.
Three of them... one after another.
They weren't real.
Breathe... You are NOT about to miss your train. You are NOT behind on packing. You have NOT forgotten important details.
These were a first for me, these dreams. I've dreamed of catching babies, but not of leaving. It was so real.
But I know why.
It is because of preparation.
It is because of timing.

Two months exactly.
In exactly two months and 14 minutes, I will board the train that will depart. I will leave my home and start a new chapter of my life.
I can't wait!
Most of my earthly possessions have found new homes, one way or another.
My winter clothes are gone.... another reason I lament this 50' weather today.
My room begins to look empty.
Goodbyes occur with increasing frequency.
My list of 'last times' has begun.
And every weekend is planned until I go.
I'm cherishing this time. My family. My church. My friends. My work...
And dreams  of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment