Sunday, June 24, 2012

On Good Neigbors and 38 Days...

I have a story for you.
This is the kind of story only God can write.
You see, I met my neighbor.
This may not seem so significant to you, but please, permit me to explain. This neighbor that I met does not live here in Wisconsin. She lives in Davao City, Philippines. Actually, she lives just a few blocks from where I will live in 38 days. So sit back and relax, and allow me to tell you the perfectly orchestrated-by-God chain of events that led us together.

It was a hot day, that Monday in June. My sister, Alisha, was working at the coffee shop, rocking out to some Christian tunes. In walks girl by the name of Liz. She had never been to this new little coffee shop, and the quaint, peaceful atmosphere drew her in. When Liz heard the Christian music playing, she wondered if her cute little barrista was a Christian. So, she struck up a conversation with her, which covered topics like homeschool, missions, and a sister who was headed to the Philippines. Liz came back to the coffee shop every day that week with different friends.

Fast forward to Friday. I rode to the coffee shop with Alisha so I could work from there. Mid-morning, Alisha came into the room where I was working, and said, "Melissa, this girl I met brought this lady here, and she's from the Philippines." So, I come out to meet her. Miracle of miracles, Joy introduces herself as a missionary teacher in Davao City, Philippines! I began to explain my plans to work with a maternity Clinic, run by a Christian couple. "Oh yes! I taught school to both of their daughters! I actually live just a few blocks from the Clinic." We both just sat there, stunned.  Even if we'd known of each others existence, we couldn't have planned such a perfect meeting. Only God.
There are so many reasons this is a miracle. Joy was only visiting Wisconsin for two weeks. This is only her second Stateside visit in eight years. Wales is a VERY small town, and Mamma D's is a new coffee shop. Davao City is a very large city. The Philippines is on the other side of the world. The office where I normally spend my days is in downtown Milwaukee. In short, I clearly see the loving hand of God in the crossing of our paths. He is so good to His children.
In other news, I leave in 38 days.
The end.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So amazing to read how big our God is! I am looking forward to meeting you in 38 days... is that all????

    ReplyDelete