Saturday, September 22, 2012

On Dreams...

Follow your dreams.
Quite possibly the worst advice ever given.
Because fallible people dream fallible dreams.
Countless times in over a quarter of a century, I have laid down my dreams.
Given up what could've been.
I have dreamed again and again...
Always hoping.
Trying desperately to understand God's plan for me.
And why my dreams didn't match up.
The elusive 'plan for my life' that I was repeatedly told existed.
Watching small pieces fall into place, but always watching...waiting....
Living in the things I knew, but always hoping for more.
It would be better, I was told.
But it was so hard to internalize.
Better than this dream?
Better than this godly man? This profession? Than this lifestyle? This country? This ministry?
Better than what I want so badly?
Yet in faith and hope, I waited, watched, and wondered.
And here I am, 26 years down the road... living the dream.
All of them, rolled into one.
And I couldn't be happier.
All the things that could've been, pale in comparison... 
His plans were so much better. So amazingly perfect for me.
But He knew that all along.

1 comment:

  1. You have know idea how much this hits home and blesses me tonight and every time I read it. (Yes - I have read it multiple times...) :) You shine so brightly wherever you go...

    ReplyDelete