Saturday, September 1, 2012

On Pieces of My Life...

The other night was quite eventful. As a thunderstorm rolled in, my housemate and I sat down to celebrate the completion of our first assignment with a movie. The thunder grew louder and louder, and rain was pouring down really hard! Suddenly, there was a huge crack/crash sound. Quickly, we got up and ran outside. Lo and behold, the intense amount of rain had caused our gutter to buckle! Water was pounding of the roof... the most water pressure we'd seen in a month. So Nancy, another housemate, and I went out and showered in it....shampoo and all.

After that adventure, Sarah and I got back to our movie.... and then the roaches came out to play.
But two can play that game.
Now, I am a mighty cockroach hunter.







Really... I am. 
Back to our celebration.
Another huge crash, bang, boom! Creak....k....k.... Crash!
Uh.... what was that?!
I opened the side door and looked out.... oh... It seems a tree fell on our house. Thankfully, not a very big one. 
                                 Quite the night, as you can see! We did eventually get our movie in.
In other news, some of our co-workers put on a nutrition dinner. They were given a pretty tight budget, and had to cook healthy food for 12, including one buntis (pregnant woman). In order to make it more realistic for them, a bunch of us dressed up as mga buntis.

So, if you've ever wondered what I'd look like 9 months pregnant with twins, wonder no more! There it is, folks!

God has been ministering to me in various ways. One of these ways is through the music in the shopping malls. First let me tell you, I have heard more American pop music in the 3 weeks I've been here, than in the last year or so at home! It is everywhere. The kinda cool part, is that due to both the religiosity here, and to the lack of English fluency, Christian music is also pretty common. I heard this in the mall the other day. Your Love is Extravagant
 It really blessed me.
Plus also, the kids here are really cute. THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment