Sunday, May 27, 2012

On Mother's Day...

Two weeks ago I celebrated Mother's Day in a very special way. I joined a young couple as they welcomed their first baby into the world. To become a mother on Mother's Day.... precious. What an amazing welcoming party it was! Family of two, became family of three. Husband became father, Wife... mother.
A beautiful transition that changed each person's life...Forever.
That tiny cry that told us she was here... and well.
And my eyes were filled with happy tears.
Birth is amazing. This one was filled with answered prayers... so many.
Healthy baby girl
Healthy momma, and proud daddy.
Peace, Strength, and Courage throughout.
And so much more.

I hope I never lose the wonder. I wish always to feel the awe of new birth. I hope I always tear up. Because it is such a beautiful, amazing, and miraculous experience.

3 comments:

  1. I remember saying the same thing almost a year ago... But the cool thing about birth is, I think it never get old. I actually feel like in some ways, the more "new life" you see come into this world, the more awestruck you are... Also with that comes more knowledge of how miraculous birth and new life really is. Its pretty amazing how the science of new life is so successful in glorifying God. For me, it increases my faith more and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy, I'm so glad to hear this. :-) I'm really excited to live a life that consists of assisting with miracles :-) God is good!

    ReplyDelete