Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'll Fly Away...

So.

It's official.
Yesterday I called my travel agent and booked a flight.
This morning, I booked my train ticket.

And so, the scurry of an international move begins. Visa applications, immunizations, liquidations, downsize-ations.... This list is so long!


The other day, I packed my first box.


Things I need to keep, but I won't be using for the next two years.

It's like packing up little pieces of my life.


Putting what I know in boxes, and storing it for two years. Letting go of the things that are familiar to me. Knowing that when I come back, I will see it all through different eyes.


But mostly, I'm getting rid of my possessions. There is a perpetual pile in the corner of my room. A pile of things just waiting for a new owner.



This time of transition is causing me to ponder things.

The term New Life is taking on a different meaning.






Forsaking all is becoming more real to me.


It is good.



Seasons of change take us out of our monotony, and cause us to need God. They put a new lens on our view of the world. And we begin to understand.


I understand how much I DON'T understand. Because this whole life is supposed to be a season of transition. Between temporary and eternal, physical and spiritual, darkness and light, death and life. Experiencing transition helps us to realize some of these bigger-picture truths.



My prayer is that God uses this season to draw me closer to Himself. To teach me to live with an awareness of eternity. I pray that I'll learn to understand more fully what my mindset is, versus what it should be. That I'll prepare for eternity with vigor. That I live ready.


And so, the countdown begins. My tickets are purchased, the time is short. It is only a matter of 4.38 months before I'll fly away. To my new home. And someday God will call me out of this life of transition to another new home. And I'll fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment