Friday, March 16, 2012

A Narrowing focus...

The Nations.



It was so broad.


I have loved having a broad focus, and feeling that the world is my home.


... and yet, I've longed for a place. A people I could learn to love, a place I could learn to give.


An outlet for all the passion and compassion.



A place for learning and growing, teaching and maturing, and a place to tangibly show the love of Christ to others. A place to apply all of the love that God has created in me.



I have been practicing many of these lessons here, in the states, with the opportunities God has allowed me. But now it is time. He is moving me out. He has graciously chosen to use me.



And so, my focus is changing. It is shifting from this:




To This:

God has graciously opened a door for me to work in the Philippines. I will be doing missions while training to do missions. The people we serve will be diverse, as will their needs. But each will have two things in common: The need for a midwife, and more importantly, the need for a Saviour. It will be my utmost privilege to serve these women in meeting both needs. I am so excited to join the work that God is doing in this land. My joy is overrunning when I think that I will be reaching the lost, as part of a daily choice, sacrifice, and responsibility. To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment