Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A new Balance...

It is long, my reading list. My list of things to find new homes for is even longer. I have four months left. Four months to read 25 books and write 25 corresponding papers. Four months to say goodbye to everyone and everything I've ever known. Four months to work an office job. Four months to enjoy my family. Four months to prepare my heart.

This calls for a new balance.


No, I'm not talking about tennis shoes (although I do need a new pair of those), I'm talking about a shift in priorities. The priorities of yesterday are no longer priorities today. And the priorites of tomorrow are yet to be determined.


As ironic as this is, although I have a new focus, one of my biggest struggles is maintaining proper perspective. It is so easy to be distracted.

In all of the hub-bub that goes along with an overseas move, a new experience, a fulfilled dream, it is very easy to lose the ultimate goal. Loving Jesus with all I am. Telling the world about Him.
I find myself getting so caught up in preparing, answering questions, reading, dreaming..... I forget very important things, like gratitude, and sharing, and finding the Secret Place of the Most High God.
I want to run well, and finish strong. To give Christ my ALL. And I do not want anything to stand out in my life, more than my love for The One who first loved me.



Yet it is hard to keep my eyes on only Jesus.


My heart and my time are easily drawn to other things.


So this is a true confession. And with this confession, I am opening myself up to accountability. I am choosing vulnerability. It is my prayer that every day I grow more in my walk with God. But also, that I help others to grow. My heart request is that I may dwell in His house, sit at His feet, and find His secret place today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all the posts thus far, Melissa,and will definitely be back often when you are gone! The Lord bless your time of preparation!
    <3 Kels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Good stuff. Thanks for sharing your heart. This is really similar to some of the struggles I have dealt with this year actually. But I love that you are choosing to be honest and vulnerable. And continuously giving your heart to Jesus will get you very far!

    (btw... you don't HAVE to finish all 25 of those book reports, though its not a bad idea)

    ReplyDelete