Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reflections

So I went for a walk today... Just me and God. We had a lot to talk about. And I just wanted to be with Him. This crazy life I live, it's not exactly slowing down any time soon. But I need God in it. So I hiked some beautiful trails, and climbed out on a dead tree over the creek and just talked with God.
 As I looked down into the reflections, I noticed how fuzzy they were. How dull, and unlike the real, vibrant forest around me. And, of course, this set me to thinking. I think usually what we see of life is kinda like those reflections. We get the gist of what is reality, but usually, we don't see life for what it really is. Instead, we are frustrated with the ill-defined shapes and colors we perceive, and we neglect to look up. To look at REALITY. Because most of the clarity comes when we put these things in an eternal, God-centered perspective. It is only then, through the eyes of faith, that we can see and appreciate the beauty God is working in our lives. Only then can we begin to understand.
 I'm so thankful for all the beauty God created around me. I'm thankful for the warm weather we are enjoying, and the chance to appreciate this beauty. I'm thankful for the color yellow. Colors are great, but yellow is particularly grand.
And I'm thankful for eyes to see, and a heart to perceive the beauty God is creating all around me.

1 comment:

  1. Well put!

    P.S. The color Blue is one of those grand colors too!

    ReplyDelete